Malware is evolving faster than ever, so it is reassuring to invest in the latest generation of antivirus. Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ from Lavsoft is one of the few examples on the market which use the latest detection technology to ward off risks. It has decent antivirus lab test scores and has been proven to offer real-time protection checks to make sure any new files being handled by the computer aren’t malicious.
Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ Product Overview
This program is available in both free and paid-for versions. The free package offers all the basic protection you may need then ads an additional layer of security with features like Web Protection, Network Protection and Email Protection. The program is quite easy to install and as part of this it runs a quick scan for active malware. Best of all you don’t have to reboot during installation. And just in case you face a problem using the system, the Ad-Aware contact center is always there to help. They offer quick access to user manuals, discussion forums and FAQs. If however your problem goes beyond what these can help solve, you can contact their hands-on team for further assistance (and Yes, they provide remote repair service).
Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ Features
- incorporate BitDefender anti-virus protection
- Game Mode – Silent mode protection allowing you to play games or watch movies without interruption.
- Combines two engines to block malware from traditional viruses to the latest spyware attacks
- Automatically scans files before they’re downloaded hence detecting malware before it can be launched
- Utilizes less than 1% CPU even under heavy usage ensuring optimal computer performance even in Game Mode
- Automatic threats updates to keep your PC running smoothly
- Ensures safe browsing by validating URLs
- Automatically detect suspicious emails and protects you
- Has parental control features
- Reliable digital lock that encrypts your sensitive information
- Ability to protect your passwords and sensitive information on social networks
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Available in both free and paid versions (30 day trial period)
- Excellent built-in help center
- Installing Web Companion hijacks the browser by setting the homepage and default search engine to Yahoo
- Lacks phishing protection
- Its best features are reserved for the premium editions